Apple Pie Moonshine (also known as apple cinnamon moonshine) is a part of our heritage and one of the most famous drinks in North America. Both apples and moonshine existed before the birth of the United States. Not only that, but during prohibition moonshiners secretly ran their stills in the woods and apples were an easy and cheap source of food. It’s no wonder why this is such a popular drink.
- 1 gallon Apple Juice
- 1 gallon Apple Cider
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 8 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 liter Moonshine (or high-proof substitute)
- 1 Shinny Apple
- Pour the non-alcoholic liquids (apple juice, apple cider) into a large pot
- Add the brown sugar + 4 cinnamon sticks
- Bring the pot to a boil, then simmer for 15 mins
- Once the liquid cools to a luke-warm temperature, add the moonshine!
- Stir diligently and let cool (I stick the whole pot in the fridge)
- Pour a glass and enjoy!
- Remove the apply core without damaging the outside
- Cut the apple horizontally into slices
- Place the apple slice into a glass and
- Insert a cinnamon stick through the core hole
Apple Pie Moonshine Shots
- Fill shot glass with Apply Pie Moonshine
- Top with whipped cream and cinnamon